- First, cook the leaven. Dissolve the yeast in warm milk. Add a couple of tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 flour. Cover it with a towel, and put in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add the eggs, salt, soft butter and sour cream to the leaven. Mix everything well with a whisk. Add the rest of the flour in several passes.
- Cover the dough with a towel, and leave it in a warm place for an hour and a half.
- Wash the almonds, and fry it in a dry frying pan (you better remove the peel). Chop the nuts with a knife or a blender.
- Wash the cherries, and pour the boiling water over it; leave for 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse the cherries once again, and dry it with a napkin. Mix the cherries and the almonds.
- After 1.5 hours, the dough should have increased in size by 2.5 times. Stir in the almonds, cherries and vegetable oil. Let the dough rise for 20 more minutes.
- The finished dough should be pleasant, soft and not sticky to your hands.
- Grease your hands with vegetable oil, and spread out the dough, filling the molds for about 1/3. Set the filled molds aside for 10 more minutes for the dough the proof. Bake the Easter cakes for 30 to 35 minutes at 180C (356F).
- Cool the finished Easter cakes on the side. Cover them with the glaze, and decorate as desired.