- Preheat the oven to 356F (180C).
- Cover the bottom of a 24cm (9.45 inch) mils with baking paper, grease the sides with a thin layer of butter.
- Roast the nuts in a dry frying pan, and chop.
- Divide the eggs into whites and yolks.
- Whip the egg whites until fluffy.
- Sift the powdered sugar over the yolks, and whip until white.
- Add the nuts, and stir. Then add the whites in parts, gently mixing them with a spatula.
- Put the dough into the mold, smooth, and bake for 45-50 minutes until ready. Check the readiness with a dry skewer.
- Leave the finished sponge biscuit in the mold for 5 minutes; then remove and cool.
This biscuit can be layered with cream. Or just cover the top with chocolate ganache and sprinkle with coarsely chopped nuts. So you will get a quick and tasty cake for Sunday tea drinking.