- Cut the oranges into 5mm (0.20 inch) slices, and fill them with boiling water. After 2 minutes drain the water, and dry the slices with a paper towel.
- Heat the sugar and water over low heat, wait until the sugar dissolves completely, and immerse the orange slices in the syrup.
- Cook it all for about 2 hours, until the orange peel becomes translucent.
- Take out the slices, let the syrup drain, put it on parchment, and dry it in the oven preheated to 100C (212F) for 30 minutes.
- Let the oranges cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath (it's important not to overheat it!). Temper it, or just skip this moment.
- Dip each slice into chocolate, and spread them all on parchment until the chocolate hardens.
- Store the finished slices in a tightly closed container in a cool place.