- Combine the flour, salt, butter (pre-cut into cubes). Grind into crumbs. Add the egg yolk (and ice cold water - if needed) and quickly knead the dough. Wrap the dough lump with cling film and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 392F (200C). Cover the baking sheet with parchment or grease it with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Mix the cottage cheese with an egg, cornstarch, vanilla extract and sugar. Knead well.
- Cut the apples in half. Remove the core, peel. Cut the apple halves into thin slices (not till the end!). Sprinkle the apples with lemon juice (optionally).
- Roll out the dough. Transfer it to the baking sheet, making sides. Spread the cheese fillings. Place the apples on top. Grease the apples with honey if desired.
- Bake the pie for 25-35 minutes until golden.