- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix the egg and sour cream with a whisk; add butter (at room temperature), and mix it well with dry ingredients.
- Knead a slightly sticky dough. Put it in a bag and refrigerate for an hour (or more).
- Remove the pits from plums, add fine zest, sugar, orange juice, cardamom (or cinnamon), and cook over low heat until soft, for 15-20 minutes.
- Mash with a blender.
- Cut the apples into small cubes, and mix with plum puree.
Assembly and baking
- Divide the dough into two parts, roll each one on a floured surface, cut out circles with a diameter of 8-10cm.
- Put a spoonful of filling on half of each circle, cover with the second half of the dough, pass along the edge with a fork or fasten like a dumpling, make three small cuts on top of the blanks.
- Place the blanks on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Brush the top with a lightly beaten egg, and sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for 15-20 minutes until light golden. *The baking time depends on your oven.
The amount of sugar in the filling can be increased if you like sweeter desserts.