sour green apples
8.25 fl oz
1.32 fl oz
0.82 fl oz
2.31 fl oz
0.03 fl oz
4.95 fl oz
1.48 fl oz
0.82 fl oz
0.10 fl oz
- Chop the nuts into 0.5cm (0.20 inch) pieces. Fry the nuts in a dry skillet until nutty flavor. Sift it through a coarse sieve, getting rid of excess husk.
- Peel the apples, and cut them into 1cm (0.40 inch) cubes
- Combine the apples, cane sugar, cinnamon and butter in a saucepan. Bring it all to a boil on a high heat, and simmer until the apples get soft, but still keep the shape. The syrup will become more viscous, some of it will boil away. It took me about 6-7 minutes.
- Transfer the hot mixture to a bowl, add the nuts, and cool it completely in the fridge or a freezer.
- Combine all the ingredients. The cream and the cream cheese should be cold.
- Whip the cream with a whisk attachment until the first pattern appearn on the surface.
- After a couple of minutes, the cream will set and become even denser. Don't whip it too hard, otherwise the pattern will be torn, and the cream will get too dense and grainy.
Stuffing the eclairs
- Cut off the top of the eclairs with scissors.
- Remove or brush the dough membranes.
- Fill the eclairs with cooled apple filling, tamp with a spoon or a palette knife.
- Pipe the vanilla cream on top. I am using an "Open French Star" attachment.