butter at room temperature
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add the flour sifted with salt and baking powder, and mix at a low mixer speed.
- Divide the apricots in half with a knife, and remove the kernels. Cut each half into 5-6 parts, and add the pieces to the dough; mix gently.
- Transfer the dough into two molds with a diameter of 18-20cm (7.09-7.87 inch). Be sure to cover the bottom of the mold with parchment.
- Bake the sponge in the oven preheated to 338F (170C) until dry skewer, for about 40 minutes.
- Let the finished biscuits cool, wrap with cling film, and put in the fridge.
- Mix the sugar with pectin.
- Put the puree in a saucepan, and warm over a medium heat. Pour the mixture of sugar and pectin in a thin stream.
- While stirring, bring the the apricots to a boil, turn off the heat, and cool the filling to 104-122F (40-50C).
- Whip the cream cheese and powdered sugar, adjusting the sweetness of the cream to your taste.
- Gradually add the cream, and whip until smooth.
- Cut each sponge biscuit in 2 cake layers.
- Alternate the cake layers with the cream and apricot filling. Don't forget to make the cream sides when placing the apricot filling in the middle.
- Level the assembled cake with the same cream.
- Let the cake stabilize in the fridge for several hours (better overnight).