- Roast the nuts in a dry frying pan, cool and chop finely.
- Melt 50g (1.75 oz) of sugar in a heavy-bottomed pan until the sugar is completely dissolved and caramelized. Add chopped bananas, and mix. Pour in the hot milk and cook until the caramel melts. Cool the mass.
- Preheat the oven to 356F (180C).
- Beat the butter (at room temperature) with the rest of sugar. Add one egg at a time, beating well each time.
- Add the cooled caramel-banana mixture and continue beating.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder and nuts. Beat at a low mixer speed.
- Pour the dough in a greased and floured baking tin and bake for 40-45 minutes (until a dry skewer).
- Remove the finished ring cake from mold and cool it completely.
- Drizzle with chocolate or sprinkle with powdered sugar.