The calculation in the recipe is for two bento cakes with a diameter of 10cm (3.95 inch).
- Whip the egg with sugar until fluffy.
- Sift the flour with baking powder, and add to egg mixture.
- Heat the milk to 104F (40C), and add the vegetable oil to it. Add everything to the egg mixture.
- Pour the dough into a mold, and bake in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for 20 minutes.
- Cool the finished biscuit right in the mold. Take it out, wrap with cling film, and put in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Put the blackcurrants in a saucepan. Add sugar, and boil until thickened.
- Add the starch, stir until dissolved, and cool to room temperature.
Cream cheese frosting
Mix all the ingredients on a high speed until combined.
- Boil the water in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar, stir until dissolved, and cool.
- Cut the sponge biscuit lengthwise into 2 cake layers, and soak.
- Coat the cake layer with frosting, make the sides.
- Put half of the confit into the recess, and cover with another cake layer.
- Coat with cream cheese frosting, and smooth it.