Let’s give the floor to Olga: “The Berry BOOM Cake is so delicious thanks to the fluffy Japanese raspberry sponge cake, fresh berry compote and delicate curd & yogurt mousse. It’s beautiful, juicy, tasty and bright!"
The calculation is for 16-17 cm mold (6.3 to 6.6 inch).
For the Japanese raspberry biscuit:
- 50 ml raspberry puree | 1.70 fl oz
- 50 g butter | 1.75 oz
- 70 g flour | 2.45 oz
- 1 egg | 1.00 item
- 4 egg yolks | 4.00 items
- 4 egg whites | 4.00 items
- 70 g sugar | 2.45 oz
- pink coloring | 0.00 to taste
For the curd & yoghurt mousse:
- 80 g sugar | 2.80 oz
- 30 ml water | 1.00 fl oz
- 4 yolks | 4.00 items
- 10 g gelatin + 60 g water | 0.35 oz + 2.10 oz
- 300 g cottage cheese | 10.60 oz
- 100 g Greek yoghurt | 3.55 oz
- 100 g cream cheese | 3.55 oz
- 100 g cream 33% | 3.55 oz
For the red berry mix:
- 100 g raspberries | 3.55 oz
- 100 g strawberries | 3.55 oz
- 100 g cherries | 3.55 oz
- 90 g powdered sugar | 3.15 oz
- 30 g corn starch | 1.05 oz
- Bring the raspberry puree and the butter to a boil in a saucepan. Add the flour, and brew the dough. Transfer it to a mixer bowl; gradually add the yolks and the egg. Add the food coloring, while whisking. Whip the egg whites and the sugar separately. Finally, connect the two masses carefully.
- Pour the dough onto a baking sheet, covered with the baking paper. Flatten it with a spatula to the sides, and bake it at 165C (329F) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Immediately cover the finished biscuit with foil in contact, and let it cool (it need to be moistened). As it cools down, remove the film, and blot the biscuit with parchment; turn it over onto a new parchment piece, and remove the old one on which it was baked.
- Cut out the bottom to fit the mold (two semicircles) and the sides approximately 8-10 cm high (3.2 to 8 inch).
- Place the acetate foil into the mold. Lay out two semicircles on the bottom; the sides will also consist of two parts.
Mix all the berries; add the sugar and the starch. Bring the mix to a boil, and simmer a little. Cool it, and place it on the bottom of the mold. Put the mold in the fridge.
Curd & yoghurt mousse
- Pour the sugar into the water, and heat it to 120C (248F). At the same time, whip the yolks. Once the syrup is ready, add it to the yolks and continue whipping until it cools. In the end, add the swollen and slightly warmed gelatin.
- Separately mix and mush the cottage cheese, the yoghurt and the whipped cream with a blender. Combine it with the egg mass.
- Pour the mass over the berry layer; smooth it, and place in the cold at least overnight.
Decorate the cake at your discretion.