Hello, everyone! We have a new recipe for you!
The simplest and the most delicious dessert and filling is a curd.
In other words, it's a custard. The ingredients are simple, and the cooking is quick!
The most popular curd is the lemon one, but if your fridge is full of black currants, then you can add it to the dessert.
You will need:
- Black currant – 300 g | 10.60 oz
- Butter – 120 g | 4.25 oz
- Sugar – 8 tbsp | 8.00 tbsp
- Eggs – 2 pcs | 2.00 items
- Egg yolks – 2 pcs | 2.00 items
- Pour the frozen berries in a saucepan, and cover it with sugar; bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the mix from the heat, and rub it through a sieve.
- Pour the puree into a saucepan, and put it in a water bath. To do this, you need to take two pots with different diameters, and pour some water into the lower one (of a larger diameter), so that it doesn’t touch the upper pan.
- Place the curd on the heat. When the water starts boiling – add two eggs and egg yolks into the upper saucepan with the puree. Don’t stop stirring. Add the butter, and dissolve it; stir for 10 to 15 minutes, until the mass acquires a creamy texture.
- Remove the curd from the heat, and pour it into jars; let it cool, and store in the fridge.