Blackcurrant mousse cake
This light mousse cake with unique sourness will become a bright addition for your cook book.
Explore full recipe
- Whip the eggs with sugar until fluffy and light. Add the sifted flour, salt, and vanilla sugar stirring gently with a spatula.
- Put the dough in a mold or a ring lined with a cling film. Bake at 170C (340F) until tender.
- Cool completely, and cut into 2 cake layers.
This recipe is for one jelly layer, if you need 2 layers, double the recipe and make 2 jellies.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- Mash the currants and water with a blender, pass through a sieve. The prepared puree should weigh approx. 300 g (10.60 oz). If there is a little less puree, dilute with water
- Heat the puree with sugar until the sugar dissolves. Do not boil. Add gelatin, beat with a blender, pour into an 18 cm mold, lined with a plastic food wrap. Put in the freezer until frozen.