Gioconda sponge biscuit
- Melt the butter, and let it cool.
- Sift the almond flour and confectioners sugar into a mixer bowl, add half the eggs and whip for 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining eggs in 2 parts and whip for 10-12 minutes.
- Pour half the melted butter into this mixture and beat, then add the remaining butter and whip again.
- Whisk the whites until light foam, gradually add sugar and whisk until firm peaks.
- Add a third of the whites mass into the dough. Stir.
- Add the remaining whites and flour in turn. Sift the flour on top of the dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts and pour into 20 cm molds.
- Preheat the oven to 170C (340F). Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Chocolate sponge biscuit
- Whip the egg yolks with sugar.
- Melt chocolate with milk and stir until smooth.
- Add liquid chocolate to the yolks, and whip.
- Add the flour, vanilla extract, and whip again.
- Whip the whites in a separate bowl until firm peaks. Pour the egg-chocolate mixture into the whites and stir gently with a spatula.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (355F). Grease the mold with butter and sprinkle with a little flour. Pour the batter. Bake at 180C (355F) for approx. 35 minutes. Cool the baked cake, cut into two layers.
- Boil the cream with sugar.
- Break the chocolate into pieces, heat the cream and combine a third of the cream with the chocolate.
- Pour the remaining cream into the chocolate in 2 parts.
- Add softened butter at 45C (115F). Cool in a water bath, stirring constantly.
- Put into the fridge for 1 hour.
Caramel sauce for the mousse
- Melt the glucose, but don't bring it to a boil.
- Add the powdered sugar and cook until caramel is golden brown.
- Remove from the stove, add butter and cream and bring to a boil (103C / 220F).
- Let the caramel cool.
- Combine water with sugar, boil, let cool.
- Mix egg yolks with the syrup and simmer in a water bath at 40C (105F).
- Melt the swollen gelatin in a water bath (400C / 750F). Add a small amount of caramel and stir.
- Add the remaining caramel, stir and cool to 20-22C (65-70F).
- Whisk the cream.
- Combine the caramel and the whipped egg yolks. Add the whipped cream at the end.
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature while combining, otherwise the mousse will curdle.
- Roast the hazelnuts. Melt the cocoa butter and mix with the nuts. Put the nuts on a plate to cool.
- The butter shell keeps the nuts from damp in the mousse. Add the nuts to the mousse.
- Whip the cold cream with the powdered sugar.
- Melt the gelatin in the microwave oven. Let cool. Add gelatin to 1/4 of the whipped cream. Mix.
- Combine with the remaining cream (gelatin is added gradually so that no lumps form in the cream).
- Add the remaining hazelnuts.
Follow the next assembling order:
- Gioconda sponge;
- Caramel mousse;
- Chocolate sponge;
- Chantily cream;
- Gioconda sponge.