Honey cake layers
- Melt the sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan, don't stir. While sugar is melting, heat the honey and butter.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and pour hot honey into the melted sugar; mix. Then add the melted hot butter and mix well again. Let the mass cool down to ~ 158F (70C).
- Mix a third of the flour and all the eggs into the caramel mass, bring to uniformity and add baking soda with citric acid. Mix vigorously until the dough is frothy. Add the rest of the flour, knead with a spoon until homogeneous. Let it cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal parts. Roll out each part on parchment into a thin layer, then cut out an even rectangle approximately 24*34cm (9.45-13.40 inch). Roll out a thin layer from the scraps of dough. We'll need it for crumbs.
- Prick each cake layer with a fork, bake in a preheated oven at 338F (170C) for 4-6 minutes until golden brown. While the cakes are still hot, cut the edges to a size of 20x30cm (7.90-11.80 inch).
- Combine the strawberry puree and lemon juice in a saucepan, and heat to to 95-113F (35-45C).
- Stirring constantly, pour in the pre-mixed sugar with pectin in a thin stream. Bring the mixture to a boil, and boil for 20-30 seconds over low heat.
- Remove the finished confit from the heat, pour into a separate container, and cover with film in contact. Let it cool slightly and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to stabilize.
- Place the softened butter in a stand mixer bowl, and beat with the Petal attachment on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add boiled condensed milk, and beat again.
- Then add the sour cream and combine until smooth.
Using the Whisk attachment, bewhip the cream and cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla paste until smooth and creamy.
- Spread a little cream in the center of the cake base, put the first cake on top, press lightly and apply 1/2 of the caramel cream. Spread it evenly over the entire surface.
- Cover with the second cake layer, press lightly and spread 1/2 part of vanilla cream on top.
- Cover with the third cake layer, press lightly and spread the strawberry confit on top.
- Cover with the 4th cake layer, apply the remaining 1/2 of the caramel cream. Cover with the 5th cake layer, apply the remaining 1/2 of the vanilla cream.
- Grind the 6th cake layer in a blender, and decorate the cake with crumbs.
- Place the finished dessert in the fridge for soaking and stabilization for at least 5 hours (better overnight).