This cake contains: carrot-orange sponge cake with cinnamon and nuts, carrot-tangerine jelly with tangerine pieces, caramelized walnuts, mousse with two types of cheese and patebombs.
The calculation is for a mold with a diameter of 18 cm (7 inch).
- eggs - 115 g | 4.05 oz
- brown sugar - 145 g | 5.10 oz
- sugar - 145 g | 5.10 oz
- flour - 170 g | 6.00 oz
- walnut flour - 80 g | 2.80 oz
- baking powder - 9 g | 0.30 oz
- cinnamon powder - 1 g | 0.05 oz
- sunflower oil - 70 g | 2.45 oz
- butter - 70 g | 2.45 oz
- grated carrots - 190 g | 6.70 oz
- zest from 2 oranges
- carrot puree - 67 g | 2.35 oz
- carrot juice - 17 g | 0.60 oz
- tangerine puree - 33 g | 1.15 oz
- tangerine slices - 20 g | 0.70 oz
- sugar - 42 g | 1.50 oz
- gelatin - 2 g | 0.05 oz
- pectin NH - 3 g | 0.10 oz
- citric acid - 1 g | 0.05 oz
- water - 35 g | 1.25 oz
- sugar - 100 g | 3.55 oz
- invert sugar - 15 g | 0.55 oz
- walnuts - 120 g | 4.25 oz
- syrup - 20 g | 0.70 oz
- sugar - 10 g | 0.35 oz
- cocoa butter (separately) to taste
Light double cheese custard:
- yolks - 46 g | 1.60 oz
- sugar - 27 g | 0.95 oz
- water - 13 g | 0.45 oz
- glucose - 27 g | 0.95 oz
- cream cheese - 175 g | 6.15 oz
- goat cheese - 40 g | 1.40 oz
- gelatin - 6 g | 0.20 oz
- cream - 150 g | 5.30 oz
- trimolin - 35 g (can be replaced with honey) | 1.25 oz
- This portion of dough can be used for several cakes, but it will be difficult to make a smaller amount, so you can bake a layer of biscuit, cut a circle with a ring of the required diameter, and eat the rest with pleasure.
- Grate the carrots on a fine grater. Grind the walnuts in a blender into flour. Whip the eggs with both kinds of sugar.
- Combine dry ingredients together and sieve. Add them to the eggs and mix gently. Add the melted butter and the sunflower oil, grated carrots and zest, and whip gently.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with silicone mat in an 8 mm (0.3 inch) layer. Bake at 180C (356F) until tender - about 15 minutes.
Heat the puree to 40C (104F), add pectin mixed with sugar. Add the tangerine wedges, bring to a boil and add citric acid. Add the swollen gelatin and stir. Pour into a cling film ring and freeze.
Combine all the ingredients and bring them to a boil.
Mix all the ingredients. Bake for 15 minutes at 150C (302F). When cool, coat it with melted cocoa butter.
Light double cheese cream
- Whisk the yolks with sugar and trimoline (honey). Keep the water, sugar and glucose on the heat until they rich the temperature of 118C (245F). Add the whipped egg yolks and blend. At a temperature of 35C (95F), add the melted gelatinous mass.
- Whisk the cheese separately, add to the yolk mass. Whip the cream separately and stir it into the mixture.
- Tighten the cake pan with cling film and line the sides with the acetate tape. Pour some of the mousse on the bottom of the mold, add the nuts. Top it with a circle of frozen compote.
- Then add the mousse again and cover it with a biscuit layer. Send the cake to frost for at least 12 hours.
- Decorate with glaze or velour (as you wish). Place the cake to the fridge until completely thawed, then serve.