- Grate the carrots finely in advance or chop them with a blender. Grind the roasted nuts either with a knife or with a blender.
- Mix flour with baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sift all.
- All ingredients should better be at room temperature.
- Whip the eggs with sugar until they increase in volume and whiten. Add vegetable oil, plain yoghurt and whipwith a mixer at a low speed.
- Then add carrots, dry ingredients and at the end add nuts. Knead the dough until smooth, also at a low mixer speed
- Divide the dough into three equal parts and bake in an oven preheated to 160C (320F) for 25-30 minutes.
I baked the cake layers in three molds with diameter of 16cm at the same time. I recommend dividing the dough and baking the cake layers, each in its own mold.
- Cover the gelatin with water, and leave to swell.
- Cut the apricots into small pieces, put in a saucepan, add sugar and put on the stove. Bring the mass to a boil, boil for several minutes
- Mix cornstarch with sugar and drizzle into a saucepan, stirring actively. Boil for another 2 minutes, the mass will become thicker
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and mash the mass with a hand blender until smooth.
- Dissolve the swollen gelatin in a water bath and add to the apricots, beat with a blender until smooth
- Line the bottom of the springform with d=14 cm with 2-3 layers of a cling film. Pour out the warm mass and put it in the freezer for several hours until it hardens completely.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk for a few minutes until fluffy and thick. It takes me no more than 5 minutes.
- Cover the center of the plate with a small amount of cream and put the first cake layer. The cakes can be soaked with canned apricot syrup (30-40ml / 1.00-1.35 fl oz per cake layer), put the cream on top, level it, then put the frozen filling and again a layer of cream. Repeat the procedure until the cake is completely assembled.
- Put the cake in the springform ring and put it in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours to harden. When the time passes by, start applying the topping cream.