For the biscuit (3 layers with a diameter of 18 cm | 7 inch):
- 300 g brown sugar | 10.60 oz
- a pinch of salt | 0.00 pinch
- 5 eggs | 5.00 items
- 100 g butter (at the room temperature) | 3.55 oz
- 150 g chopped walnuts | 5.30 oz
- 370 g fresh carrots (grated or minced in a blender) | 13.05 oz
- 370 g flour | 13.05 oz
- 3 tsp baking powder | 3.00 tsp
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon | 2.00 tsp
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg | 1.00 tsp
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger | 1.00 tsp
- 150 g flavorless vegetable oil | 5.30 oz
Mix the sugar, a pinch of salt and eggs; whip everything well until the mass is enlightened and splendid. Add the very soft room temperatured butter, and whisk gently until smooth. Don’t overwhisk to save the fluffiness. Sift the flour, the baking powder and the spices to the egg base, and mix. Next, add the vegetable oil, and mix everything until smooth. You should get a smooth dough without lumps. Add the chopped carrots and nuts to the dough, and mix everything with a spatula.
Divide the dough into 3 equal parts, and bake it in the molds at 180C (356F) for about 30 minutes. You better bake all the layers at the same time. If you don’t have 3 molds, then bake the biscuits in turn. Let the finished layers cool in the molds for about 5 minutes; after that you can take them out and completely cool them on the wire rack. Then, wrap the biscuit layers, and let them rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours (better overnight).
For the vanilla creme:
- 600 g cream cheese | 21.15 oz
- 110 g cream 35% | 3.90 oz
- 60 g powdered sugar | 2.10 oz
- vanilla | 0.00 to taste
Whip the cream with the powdered sugar until peaks; add the cream cheese, and mix thoroughly with a spatula until smooth.
Place the creme in a pastry bag.
For the caramel:
- 150 g cream 33-35% | 5.30 oz
- 100 g brown sugar | 3.55 oz
- 60 g butter | 2.10 oz
- 1 tbsp liquid honey | 1.00 tbsp
- a pinch of sea salt | 0.00 pinch
Place all the ingredients in a pan, and cook over a medium heat, until thickened (stirring occasionally). Cool the caramel down.