This seasonal cake is made from fresh carrots and pears, right from the branch. It perfectly combines the crumbly carrot & walnuts biscuit layers with some light and fluffy custard.
It’s a real delight!
The calculation is for a 20 cm (7.9 inch) mold.
For the carrot biscuit layers:
- carrots - 420 g | 14.80 oz
- walnuts - 150 g | 5.30 oz
- butter - 250 g | 8.80 oz
- salt - 1 tsp | 1.00 tsp
- eggs - 4 pcs | 4.00 items
- sugar - 130 g | 4.60 oz
- flour - 300 g | 10.60 oz
- baking powder - 1 tsp | 1.00 tsp
- baking soda - 1 tsp | 1.00 tsp
- zest and juice of 1 orange | 1.00 item
For the pear layer:
- gelatin - 10 g | 0.35 oz
- water - 120 ml | 4.10 fl oz
- pears - 3 pcs | 3.00 items
- butter - 40 g | 1.40 oz
- sugar - 50 g | 1.75 oz
- cinnamon - 1 tsp | 1.00 tsp
For the creamy cheese mousse:
- gelatin - 20 g | 0.70 oz
- water - 80 ml | 2.70 fl oz
- cream - 500 ml | 16.90 fl oz
- cream cheese - 400 g | 14.10 oz
- sugar - 80 g | 2.80 oz
Finely chop the pears, and fry them with butter, sugar and cinnamon. Add the ready-made gelatin, and pour the mix into two 20 cm (7.9 inch) molds. Place them in the cold until setting, and then put them in the freezer.
Rub the carrots on a fine grater; fry the nuts with butter and salt. Mix all the ingredients for the biscuit layers. Divide the resulting dough into 3 parts; bake the biscuits at 180C (356F) for 25 minutes.
For the mousse, whip the cream, and add the cheese and the sugar; finally, add the finished gelatin.
Assemble the cake, following the next order:
a biscuit layer – the custard – a pear layer – the custard – a biscuit layer – the custard – a pear layer – the custard – a biscuit layer.