- Fry the walnuts in a pan, cool, and chop into pieces with a knife.
- Mix the dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, baking powder.
- Beat the eggs with sugar and salt.
- Add vegetable oil.
- Rub the carrots on a fine grater and add to the total mass.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix.
- At the end add walnuts.
- Shift the dough into a baking tin and put it in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for about 60 minutes.
- Check the readiness with a dry skewer.
- Let the ring cake cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix the orange juice with powdered sugar until the desired consistency (you may need more or less powdered sugar).
- Spread the icing over the surface of the cake and let it harden.