The cherries can be replaced with strawberries, currants or cranberries!
- Sift the flour, add salt, sugar, and mix.
- Rub the cold butter on a grater and add to the flour, knead with your hands, turning the dough into crumbs.
- Introduce the egg, mix again with your hands, the dough should not be sticky.
- Roll into a ball, wrap in plastic and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the filling.
Peel the apple and cut it into cubes, remove the seeds from the cherries, add sugar and starch, mix.
Assembly and baking
- Roll out the dough, cut out the circles with a glass the size of your mold. Roll out the remaining dough and cut into strips, put them in a "wire rack".
- Grease the mold with butter. We spread the circles in the form and form baskets along the walls, fill them with the filling.
- With a glass we cut out the hats from the lattice and put them on the baskets.
- Grease the dough with a whipped egg, sprinkle with sugar and place in the oven for 40 minutes at 356F.
I have a muffin mold with 12 slots, and so I get 12 baskets! You can double the pastry amount.