Triple chocolate & orange cake
This cake is very versatile - you can make it using any flavor combinations you like! Enjoy the recipe!
Explore full recipe
Dark chocolate layer
- Soak your gelatin sheets in cold water. Place milk in a saucepan and start heating it, then add the drained gelatin. Melt chocolate together with the butter in a hot water bath or in the microwave, then pour the warm milk and gelatin mixture into it.
- Leave the mixture to cool for a little while. Beat the cold whipping cream until semi-whipped, then combine it with the chocolate mixture and mix carefully. The runnier your mixture is, the more smooth and even your layers will come out.
- Now pour the chocolate mousse mixture over your brownie base, then transfer it to the fridge. While it is refrigerating, let’s make the next layer.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water. Whip the egg yolk and sugar together. Combine milk and coffee together, bring the mixture to a boil, then pour it into the egg yolks and mix it all together.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan, cook for a couple of minutes until thickened. Remove the saucepan from heat and leave the mixture to cool, then add the drained gelatin.
- If you are using coffee extract, remember to add it at this stage, too, just like you would do with instant coffee. Mix thoroughly. Whip the cream until semi-whipped, then fold it into the scalded milk mixture. Pour the coffee mousse on top of the chocolate layer, then transfer to the fridge to set.