Napoleon cake with honey cream & lingonberry confit
This cake that looks less like Napoleon than a meringue roll! This recipe should definitely improve your collection!
Explore full recipe
1. Combine the eggs with starch, and grind until smooth with a whisk.
2. Heat milk until hot, add honey to it, dissolve.
3. Pour milk into the egg mixture in a thin stream, stirring constantly.
4. Return the mixture to the stove and boil the mixture over medium heat until the consistency of sour cream, remove from heat, cover with cling film and cool completely.
5. Whip the cream until soft peaks, combine them with the custard base.
1. Combine the lingonberries with sugar, bring the mixture to a boil over low heat and simmer for several minutes under the lid.
2. Dilute starch in 2 tablespoons water and pour into the boiling berry mass.
3. After the mixture has thickened, remove from heat and cover with cling film in contact.
4. Cool completely before assembling the cake.