- Rub the flour with butter.
- Beat the yolks with sugar with a whisk; mix everything.
- Adding baking powder, knead quickly.
- Divide into two parts, and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites with salt. Gradually add sugar, and keep whipping until stiff peaks.
- Gently stir in the room temperature sour cream with cornstarch.
Assembly and baking
- Grate 2/3 of the dough on a coarse grater into a mold with a diameter of 20-22-24cm (the smaller the diameter, the higher the pie will be and the longer it will bake). Spread evenly, forming a small rim.
- Pour in the sour cream mass.
- Spread pitted cherries over the mass.
- Grate 1/3 of the dough on top.
- Sprinkle with spices and sugar (to taste). You can use almond petals if desired.
- Bake the pie in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for an hour, until golden brown.
- Remove the finished pie from the oven, cool, and refrigerate overnight.
* At first, the filling rises strongly in the oven, after cooling it may settle slightly. It's ok.