- First of all, grind the oatmeal to very small flakes, almost into flour.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a deep bowl and mix lightly with a whisk.
- Combine the butter with honey and stirring, melt over low heat, do not heat much, just wait until the butter melts and combines with honey.
- Add the egg, melted and cooled butter with honey to the dry mixture and knead the cookie dough. At the end, add ground nuts.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 338F (170C), cover the baking sheet with parchment, form small balls weighing about 30g from the chilled dough and put them on the prepared baking sheet at a distance from each other. Press each piece lightly.
- Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes (they will feel too soft - this is normal, they will firm up a bit on cooling but remain soft on the inside), then let cool slightly and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store the cookies in an airtight jar.