Chocolate sponge biscuit
- Divide the eggs into whites and yolks.
- Whip the yolks with 1/2 sugar. Add the sifted cocoa, and whisk.
- Add the boiling milk, and whisk immediately until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, starch, baking powder), and add to the mass. Add the vegetable oil. Whisk with a mixer.
- Whip the egg whites with sugar, gradually starting to add the sugar when some foam appears. Whip until firm peaks.
- Add a little egg whites to the chocolate part, and mix carefully with a spatula.
- Bake the sponge biscuit in two 14cm (5.51 inch) molds at 320F (160C) for 40 minutes.
- Cut each sponge biscuit into 2 cake layers, and remove the top crust.
- Soak the gelatin.
- Heat the puree, and pour it over chocolate; mix until smooth.
- Dissolve the gelatin in chocolate mass
- Whip the cream.
- Combine the cream and chocolate mixture at a temperature of chocolate mixture no more than 95F (35C).
- Pre-divide the cream mousse into 3 equal parts.
- Assemble the cake by pouring 1 part of the mousse over a sponge biscuit layer
* You better put the cake in the freezer for 5-10 minutes after each mousse additio so that the cut is even, beautiful and nothing leaks.