Chocolate sponge biscuit
- Divide the eggs into whites and yolks.
- Whip the egg whites with sugar to stiff peaks.
- Add all other ingredients to the yolks, and mix well.
- Then gently mix in the whites, and pour the dough into a ring (16cm | 6.30 inch).
- Bake the sponge biscuit at 392F (200C) for 30-45 minutes.
- Then cool the biscuit, remove it from the mold, wrap with film, and put in the fridge for 4 hours (better overnight).
- Put water and sugar in a saucepan with a thick bottom.
- Wait for all the sugar to melt over a medium heat. Then reduce the heat and wait until the sugar starts turning brownish. Don't interfere until this moment!
- Remove from the heat, pour in the hot cream, stirring vigorously, and then add the butter.
- Pour the caramel into a container, and leave in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Then add chopped nuts, and mix.
Whip (mix) all the ingredients until smooth.
- Cut the sponge biscuit into 3 parts.
- Put the first cake layer in the ring. Soak it with liquor (whiskey / milk / water + sugar).
- Next, grease this layer with coffee cream, put caramel in the center, and assemble the cake in this way.
- Leave it overnight in the fridge.