We have a new recipe for you!
It will show you how to cook a delicate chocolate cake with orange confit, covered with chocolate crème.
This delicious dessert contains:
- brownie cake layers with dark Belgian chocolate;
- whipped chocolate ganache;
- juicy filling with fresh orange pulp, boiled with a sprig of rosemary for piquancy.
An important nuance: you need to choose the chocolate of a very high quality; it plays the key role in this cake!
For the brownie biscuit (three 18 cm | 7 inch molds):
- 150 g butter | 5.30 oz
- 150 g chocolate | 5.30 oz
- 1.25 tsp baking powder | 2.00 tsp
- 110 g flour | 3.90 oz
- 2 eggs | 2.00 items
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa | 2.00 tbsp
- 180 g sugar | 6.35 oz
Melt the chocolate with butter, and chill a little. Whip the sugar with eggs, and pour in the melted chocolate-butter mixture; combine. Add the dry ingredients. Pour the dough into three molds, and bake in the oven preheated to 160-180C (320 to 356F) for about 13 to 15 minutes. It is very important not to overdry the brownie; it should remain moist inside.
For the whipped ganache:
- 100 g dark chocolate (70%) | 3.55 oz
- 230 g cream (33%) | 8.10 oz
Melt the chocolate, and add the hot cream; mash the mass with a blender into the emulsion. Put it in the refrigerator overnight, and then whip with a mixer before use (for the interlayer).
For the orange confit:
- 400 g orange pulp + zest | 14.10 oz
- 30 g sugar | 1.05 oz
- 13 g corn starch | 0.45 oz
- a couple of rosemary sprigs | 2.00 items
Peel the orange zest and the white fibers (use only the pulp); and boil it together with the zest, sugar and rosemary for several minutes; remove the twigs. Dilute the starch with some cold water, and pour it into the boiling orange filling. Bring the mass to thickening, and remove it from the heat.
Chocolate coating creme
For the chocolate coating crème:
- 200 g dark chocolate 70% | 7.05 oz
- 100 g cream 33% | 3.55 oz
- 100 g soft butter | 3.55 oz
Melt the chocolate. Heat the cream, and pour it into the chocolate. Cool the mixture, and stir in the butter. Whisk it with a blender until smooth, and refrigerate for an hour; then use to cover the cake.