butter (cut into cubes)
bitter chocolate (chopped)
whiskey or any flavored alcohol
- Place the milk, vanilla extract (or vanilla seeds) and chopped chocolate in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Place the eggs, yolks and sugar in a large bowl, and mix gently. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Add the flour, and stir.
- Pass the mass through a sieve to get rid of lumps (I didn't filter, and everything turned out fine). Leave the mass at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Lightly grease the cannelle molds with vegetable oil, and put it in the fridge to cool for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 428F (220C).
- Add the alcohol to the chilled dough, and mix. Fill the prepared molds with dough 3/4 full.
- Bake first for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 356F (180C), and keep baking for another 50-55 minutes. Cannelle should be golden brown but still soft on the inside.
- Remove the cannelle from the molds, and cool on a wire rack.