Spicy mango & lime verrine dessert
Spicy, delicate and light dessert, served in a verrine or in a jar. Enjoy!
Explore full recipe
- Dissolve the brown sugar and sugar #1 in a saucepan with 70g (2.45 oz) of water, 1/2 lime juice, lemongrass and chopped ginger (pre-peeled). Boil the syrup for about a minute, then remove from the heat, let it cool, and strain.
- Make the custard: beat the egg yolk with sugar and a pinch of salt until light and fluffy. Add the starch, and stir. Pour the milk heated with sugar #2, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Combine with butter, mix well, and let it cool. Combine with the yoghurt.
- Combine mango puree with a pinch of nutmeg.
- Whip the cream to dense peaks.
- Assemble the dessert in 3 verrines, alternating the layers of mango puree, yoghurt custard, whipped cream and sliced biscuit (soaked in ginger syrup). Let the dessert rest in fridge for 1 hour. Decorate with lime slices if desired.