- Pour boiling water over cocoa, mix. Cool down. Add sour cream, and stir.
- Beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs gradually and continue beating for a couple more minutes.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture, stir. Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix up until smooth.
Combine all ingredients and beat lightly. Add cherries.
- Grease the cake tin with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Pour a little more than half of the batter. Put the cheese mass on top so that it does not touch the walls of the tin. Pour in the rest of the batter and flatten gently.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 338F (170C) for 55-60 minutes. The finished cake should spring back a little when touched, and the skewer should come out dry.
- Let the cake cool in the tin, then invert onto a plate and remove the tin.
- Cool the cake in the fridge.
- Before serving, top with icing and garnish with fresh cherries.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath and add the oil.
- Mix until smooth.