Crumble vanilla cheesecake
Here's a great cheesecake recipe with a crispy cookie-like crust, vanilla cheesecake layer and crumble topping. This cheesecake is an absolute classic that you can alter or decorate to your liking.
Explore full recipe
- Rub the cottage cheese through a fine sieve (author: I advise you not to skip this step).
- Add the sugar, starch, vanilla paste (or vanilla sugar), salt, eggs, and egg yolk. Then mix it all with a blender until smooth.
- In a separate container, sift the flour, add sugar, salt, and chopped cold (not frozen) butter. In portions, beat the creamy mass in a blender until homogeneous crumbs. It turns out very soft, well-formed (if you squeeze it in the palm of your hand), and crumbles at a touch (you may find a photo in the recipe's image gallery).
- Form the bottom and sides of the tray with ⅔ of the crust, pressing well. Spread the cheese filling evenly on top and sprinkle with the remaining ⅓ of the crumbs. Bake at 347F | 175C for 45 minutes (author: I used the convection mode).
- Leave the finished cheesecake in the oven until completely cooled, slightly opening the oven door. Then, cool in the fridge for 5 to 6 hours. Decorate with berries as desired.