The calculation in the recipe is for a 16cm (6.30 inch) cake.
- Sift all the dry elements, and mix.
- Add the milk, butter and egg, and mix.
- Pour in the boiling water, and stir.
- Bake the sponge biscuit at 338-356F (170-180C) for 40-50 minutes.
- Wrap the finished biscuit in cling film, and refrigerate overnight. Divide into 3 cake layers.
- Make the ganache: dissolve the chocolate in hot cream. Leave it for stabilization for at least 4 hours under the film.
- Next, whip the ganache with a mixer at medium speed until bright; add the cream cheese and powdered sugar, and whip until smooth (for not too long).
- To make hazelnut paste, just mash the hazelnuts in a blender, adding half a tsp. of vegetable oil.
- Melt the chocolate, and mixit with the paste, crumbled wafers and a little chopped hazelnuts.
- Lay out the mixture on parchment paper, and let it cool slightly.
- Spread the cream on each cake layer, make cream sides along the edge, put half of the crispy nuts in the center.
- Let the assembled cake stay in the fridge for at least a few hours, and then level it.
The cream is enough to assemble and smooth out the whole cake with a thin layer.