- Combine the eggs, salt, sugar, honey and butter, and put over a minimum heat. Stir until the sugar and butter are completely dissolved (do not boil in any case). Add baking soda. Continue stirring; as soon as the mass begins to foam, remove from the heat.
- Gradually add cocoa powder and knead a very soft dough. At the end add nuts.
- Divide the finished dough into the pieces you need. I have 4 pieces, which I immediately rolled out on parchment very thinly into a 25x25cm square and baked in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for 7-9 minutes.
- I divided the finished cake layers in half.
- Mix the yolks with sugar and starch, add hot milk. Cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and vanilla paste.
- Stir, mash with a blender until smooth .
- Cover with cling film and cool completely.
- Combine the custard base with mascarpone, and beat until fluffy.
- Assemble the cake by alternating the pastry layers and the cream (set aside some cream for garnish).
- Leave the last cake layer without cream; slightly press down with a board with a load, and leave at room temperature for a couple of hours.
- After removing the load, apply a layer of cream and put the cake in the fridge.
- Before serving, decorate with cream and sprinkle with cocoa.