Chocolate sponge biscuit
- Whip the softened butter at room temperature with sugar using the "Spatula" attachment until fluffy, while it knocks, cook 8 eggs at room temperature. IMPORTANT! All the ingredients should be at the same temperature. Therefore, they must be kept at room temperature before cooking.
- Whip the sugar and butter until fluffy and add 4 eggs one at a time - whip an egg, stir with a spatula at medium speed until smooth, and so on in turn. Do not drive in all the eggs at once.
- Melt dark chocolate, stir well and add butter-sugar-eggs to the mass. Whip everything well for two minutes and add the remaining 4 eggs also one at a time. Beat all this in a mixer at medium speed without changing.
- Sift wheat flour with baking powder and cocoa powder. Stir in flour at medium speed.
- Pour the dough into two molds with a diameter of 20cm and place in a preheated oven. Bake at 347F for about 30-40 minutes, check readiness with a dry skewer. Focus on your oven, the main thing is not to overdry the biscuit.
- After baking, cool the finished biscuit, it is advisable to stand for 4-6 hours (overnight) at room temperature, covered with a clean towel. This will stabilize your biscuit and will not crumble when cut.
- Wash the strawberries, peel off the stalks, cut into cubes at random.
- Cover with powdered sugar, stir.
- Warm up in the microwave for 1 minute to release the juice - this will be both the impregnation and the filling. If you don't want to warm up, you can leave it on for 30 minutes to let the juice stand out.
- Wash the mint, chop and pour with cream. Leave for 8-10 hours, covered with foil. Then strain.
- Mix cold curd cheese with powdered sugar,whip for 1 minute, add cold cream in two steps and whip into a homogeneous cream.
- To enhance the flavor of the mint, add 50ml of mint syrup at the end of whipping. If you don't like mint, it is fashionable to add vanilla grains to taste.
- Assemble the cake in a sliding ring. Cut the biscuit lengthwise into 2-3 cakes.
- Put some fastening cream on the substrate, install and fix the sliding ring.
- Put the cake layer, with the help of cream and a pastry bag, make a ring-side on the cake, put the strawberry filling, pouring a little with the released juice.
- Cover with cream on top, cover with the next cake, lightly press down. Alternate layers.
- Leave to cool for 2-4 hours.
- Align with the frosting.