Let’s give the floor to Mary: "Hello, everyone! If you assemble a cube from several square cookies; then decorate it (with chocolate in my case) like a New Year's deer, and put some M&M’s inside, then you will get an amazing surprise for a child (and even for an adult)!"
For the Christmas surprise cookies:
- 75 g cold butter | 2.65 oz
- 100 g flour | 3.55 oz
- 50 g powdered sugar | 1.75 oz
- 40 g almond flour | 1.40 oz
- 1 g salt | 0.05 oz
- 1g cinnamon | 0.05 oz
- zest from 0.5 orange | 1.00 item
- 30 g eggs | 1.05 oz
- Mix the dry ingredients; cut the butter into small cubes.
- Combine the butter and the dry ingredients, until crumbs (in a mixer, food processor or by hand with a knife).
- Add the egg, and knead the dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment; leave it in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Cut the required shapes.
- Bake the cookies at 150C (302F) for about 12 to 15 minutes.