Christmas tree batter
First, make the Christmas tree.
- Beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add orange juice and oil, and beat. Add some green dye and whisk until combined.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and mix gently with dough.
- Pour the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Level and bake for 12-15 minutes in the oven preheated to 356F (180C).
- After cooling, remove the paper and cut out Christmas trees (or any shape).
- Bake the nuts in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for a few minutes. Cool and grind.
- Beat the sugar, vanilla sugar and butter until fluffy for 5 minutes.
- Add one egg at a time, beat well each time.
- Add orange juice, zest, nuts, and mix lightly.
- Add the sifted flour with baking powder and beat well again.
- Line a rectangular cake pan with parchment.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of dough into the bottom of the mold. Put the Christmas trees in an even row, close to each other and pour in the rest of the dough.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for about 50 minutes (check the readiness with a skewer).
- Leave the finished pound cake for another 5 minutes in the tin, then turn it over onto a wire rack, remove the paper.
- Decorate as desired.