These are incredible choux pastry donuts that melt in your mouth! Your loved ones will eat them immediately!
The calculation is for 20 small donuts.
You will need:
- water 125 g | 4.40 oz
- milk 125 g | 4.40 oz
- butter 120 g | 4.25 oz
- salt 1/3 tsp | 1.00 tsp
- sugar 1 tbsp | 1.00 tbsp
- lemon zest 1.5 tsp | 2.00 tsp
- flour 160 g | 5.65 oz
- egg 4 pcs | 4.00 items
For the glaze
- powdered sugar 150 g | 5.30 oz
- orange juice 3 tbsp | 3.00 tbsp
- Mix the water, milk, sugar, salt and butter in a saucepan. Bring the mass to a boil, and dissolve the butter. Remove the mass from the heat. Pour in all the flour, and quickly brew the dough with a wooden spatula.
- When all the ingredients are combined, put the saucepan back on a low heat, and brew the dough for another minute. Transfer the dough to a bowl, and let it cool slightly. Mix the eggs in a separate bowl. Knead the dough with a wooden spatula or with a mixer. Pour in the eggs in several passes, and mix the dough well each time until smooth.
- Place each donut on a small piece of parchment and deep-fry. Put it in the boiling oil along with the parchment; remove the donuts from the oil when keeping shape. Fry them additionally over a medium heat on each side for 2-3 minutes. Place the finished donuts on a paper towel.
Glazing and serving
For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and the orange juice. Dip the donuts, and let the glaze drain on the wire rack. Decorate with sprinkles, if you wish.