Delicate dough with cinnamon flavor and creamy filling. That’s what Cinnabons are. It's a crime, if you haven't cooked it yet. It's not just divinely delicious, it's incomparable!
- For the dough, dissolve the yeast in warm milk with sugar. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes until a frothy “cap” forms.
- Whip the eggs in a foam, and add the butter.
- Add the salt and vanilla (or vanilla sugar) to the milk-yeast mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Sift the flour into the mixture, and knead a very soft, but not sticky dough. Leave for proofing under a wrap or a towel until the volume increases for 2-2.5 times.
- Knead the dough, and roll out a rectangular layer 50x40 cm (19.5x15.8 inch).
- Grease the dough with the softened butter. Mix the cinnamon and the sugar, and sprinkle the butter with that mix. Roll up the dough into a tight roll. Cut 3-4 cm (1.2 to 1.6 inch) “washers” across the roll.
- Place the buns in a mold covered with parchment at a distance of 1.5-2 cm (0.6 to 0.8 inch) from each other. Leave them under the film or a towel until they increase and almost touch each other.
- Bake the Cinnabons at 170-180C (338 to 356F) for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. The exact baking time depends on the oven.
- While the buns are baking, cook the sauce. Grease hot buns with the sauce.
The quality of the dough depends on the flour; if you use the flour with a high gluten content, then the crumb of your bun will be airy, light and tender! The buns will be amazing!
You see, it’s easy and simple!
Cook and enjoy!