- In a saucepan combine the cerries with sugar, and bring to a boil over a medium heat.
- Dilute the starch in water, and pour it into the cherries in a thin stream, stirring constantly.
- Cook the mass over a low heat for 2-3 more minutes. Keep stirring.
- Remove the mass from the heat, put it in a bowl, cover with foil in contact, and cool.
- Melt the butter.
- Grind the cookies into crumbs.
- Combine the crumbs and butter, and put in an 18-20cm (7.09-7.87 inch) mold.
- Tamp it well, make the sides and the bottom.
- Put the base in the fridge.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar at a low mixer speed.
- Add the egg and then the cream, and knead well until homogeneous.
- Pour the mass into the base, level the surface, and bake in the oven preheated to 248F (120C) for about 1-1.5 hours. * The cheesecake is ready, when the middle is a little bit shaking, and the sides has already set.
Cool the cheesecake, pour cherry compote on top, and place in the fridge for 12 hours to stabilize.