- Chop the flour with butter to crumbs in a food processor or a knife (or rub with your hands). Add salt, yolks and, if necessary, water. Knead the dough (knead until combined, not too long, because the butter can melt).
- Roll the dough into a ball and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Squeeze the cherry from juice.
- For the filling, place the cherries, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Separately dissolve starch in 50ml of cherry juice. Add dissolved starch, mix and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 392F (200C).
- Roll out about 2/3 of the dough into a circle, put it in a baking dish, form sides, cut off the excess.
- Sprinkle the bottom with cracker crumbs.
- Spread the chilled filling over the crumbs.
- Roll out the rest of the dough, cut into strips and put on top in the form of a lattice.
- Grease the top of the pie with yolk, sprinkle with sugar, bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Before serving, you better cool the pie for about an hour so that the filling thickens.