Strawberry cream pie
The most delicious fragrant summer pie! Crispy shortbread base, lots of juicy strawberries and delicate creamy filling... It melts in your mouth like strawberry ice cream!
Explore full recipe
- Cut cold butter into cubes. Sift the flour with a pinch of salt and baking powder over it. Chop with a knife or grind with your hands to the state of fine crumbs (or in a food processor).
- Add sour cream, egg and sugar, and knead the dough (if necessary, add 1-2 tbsp of cold water). Gather the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film, and chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Take out the dough, and spread it on the baking tin, prick it with a fork. Place the parchment and some load on top of the pastry base. These can be peas or beans (I have special ceramic balls for baking). If there is nothing - no problem, bake without anything.
- Bake the base in the oven at 356F (180C) for about 20 minutes.
- Then let it cool. Meanwhile, make the filling.
- Wash the strawberries and dry them with a paper towel. Cut if the strawberries are large.
- Mix the cream or cheese with sugar. Beat with a whisk until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
- Add the starch, and mix; pour in the cream, and mix until smooth.