- Whip the eggs and the powdered sugar until white. The mass should increase in volume by 3 times.
- Mix in the almond flour using a spatula, very carefully!
- Whip the meringue with the egg whites and sugar (32g).
- Add the regular flour, cocoa and melted butter to the eggs, and mix again with a spatula. After that, add the meringue, very carefully.
- Divide the total amount of batter into 4 parts. Bake in a square frame 20x20cm (7.87*7.87 inch), one cake layer at a time.
- Bake all the cake layers, and cool them.
Baking temperature 392F (200C).
Baking time 10 minutes.
- Soak the gelatin in ice water.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, whip the cream cheese and sugar (30g).
- Heat the coffee, and dissolve the sugar (40 grams) in it. Add the gelatin.
- Pour the hot coffee into the cheese in a very thin stream, whisking well each time. Don't rush, otherwise the cream will exfoliate.
- Pour the whipped cream in 3 passes. Mix with a spatula until smooth.
Wash the cherries, remove the stones, and cut the cherries into halves.
Cover the frame with foil.
- Assemble the shortcakes, following such an order: biscuit - mousse layer - cherries - biscuit - cherries - mousse, and so on. The biscuit should be on top.
- Put the frame it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, take it out, and cut the whole cake into the desired number of pieces (I have 8).
P.S. the shortcakes can be decorated with cream, glaze, ganache - whatever you like!