These balls are very tender and crispy. The cooking is very FAST, but the dish gets eaten even faster!
Cottage balls are a great idea for breakfast or a treat for kids. You will definitely get them and you will definitely like them!
You will need:
- 250g cottage cheese (mush it with a blender or a sieve) | 8.80 oz
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (quenched with lemon or vinegar)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup of flour
- Whisk the egg with sugar and salt, add cottage cheese and baking soda, mix, sift the flour gradually. You may need some less or more flour.
- Do not overload the dough with flour. It’s OK, if it sticks a little. To make the balls, put some flour on your hands, then pinch off a piece of dough, crumple it in your palm and roll the ball. Fry the balls in hot oil until cooked, it took me 10 minutes. Taste one, there should be no raw dough inside.
- Fold the finished balls on a napkin or a paper towel, then place them on a beautiful plate, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve!