powdered sugar for rolling
red food dye
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl: sifted flour, cocoa, powdered sugar, baking powder, salt.
- Separately, combine the egg, milk and food coloring, and mix with a whisk.
- Add the softened butter and the prepared liquid mixture to the dry ingrediesnts. Mix with a fork, and then with your hands.
- Put the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours].
- Form the dough balls the size of a walnut.
- Shape the hearts.
- When baking, the hearts spread to the sides, so when shaping, make them more elongated in length.
- Roll each heart well in the powdered sugar, and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Leave enough space between the cookies.
- Bake the cookies at 374F (190C) for 15 minutes.
- Let the finished cookies cool. Store the cookies in a container or a bag.