This confit is sour, with some special astringency; it will add an unusual flavor to cupcakes, and will also become a very pleasant filling for a cake. Let’s try to cook the filling version!
Ingredients & tools
You will need:
- cranberry 320 g | 11.30 oz
- gelatin 10 g | .035 oz
- corn starch 13 g | 0.45 oz
- sugar 100 g | 3.55 oz
You will also need: a stewpan with a thick bottom, a blender, a mold.
- Mush the cranberries into a smooth puree.
- Soak the gelatin in water.
- Mix the starch with the sugar, and add them to the puree.
- Place the puree on a low heat, and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly; simmer for a minute.
- Remove the confit from the heat, and add the gelatin; stir until the gelatin dissolves.
- Pour the confit into a prepared mold, and send it to the freezer until it solidifies.
Defrost the finished confit, and store in the fridge.
Cranberry confit will perfectly set off any butter crème or mousse.