Marshmallow with cranberry puree
Sour marshmallow from ripe green apples with cranberry puree.
Explore full recipe
- Mix the agar with 50g (1.75 oz) of sugar.
- Whip the purees with the egg white until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, mix the water with the remaining sugar in a saucepan, and heat to 176F (80C).
- As soon as the syrup warms up, pour the agar in a thin stream, carefully kneading with a whisk.
- Then, bring the syrup to a boil, and heat it to 230F (110C), stirring constantly.
- Remove the mass from the heat (keep whipping the puree at a medium speed). Pour the syrup into the puree in a thin stream.
- Then whip everything again thoroughly until stable peaks. WHIP WELL EACH TIME - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 10 MINUTES.
- Transfer the resulting mass to a pastry bag with a curly nozzle, and pipe the marshmallows on parchment.
- Leave to dry and crust for 4-8 hours.
- Sprinkle the finished marshmallows with powdered sugar, and glue the halves together.