The calculation in the recipe is for a 16cm (6.30 inch) cake.
The dough for crepes is kneaded with a mixer.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar, vanilla sugar and salt. Whip into a dense foam.
- Pour in half of the warm milk.
- Sift the flour with starch, cocoa and baking powder.
- Pour into the liquid mixture, knead until smooth, gradually adding the remaining milk.
- At the end, pour the melted butter and boiling water, and start baking crepes on a frying pan 22-23cm (8.65-9.05 inch) in diameter.
- Heat the cream until steam appears. Dissolve the powdered sugar powder in it.
- Pour it into chocolate callets, and stir until smooth.
- Stir soft butter into the resulting emulsion.
- Cover with film in contact, cool, and put in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Then whip with a mixer at a medium speed.
Assembly & serving
- Cut the crepes into halves, apply ganache on each, and twist into a roll.
- Wrap the resulting cake with acetate tape, and place in a sliding ring.
- Place in the fridge for an hour.
- Sprinkle with cocoa before serving. You can sprinkle with strawberry crispies or decorate with fresh mint.