The egg whites can be replaced with 15 g | 0.55 oz of albumin + 90 g | 3.15 oz of warm water.
- Separate the room temperatured egg whites into a clean fat-free bowl, and add a pinch of salt. Start whipping when the syrup reaches 110-115С (230 to 239F).
- Mix the water with the sugar and the lemon juice in a saucepan, and put it on the heat. Bring the mix to 110С (230F), and start whipping the egg whites. First, whip at a low speed, and bring it to a lather state; increase the speed to maximum. Whip until soft peaks. It’s very important not over-whip the egg whites.
- When the syrup in the saucepan reaches 121C (250F), remove it from the heat, and wait for the bubbles to disappear; pour the syrup into the egg whites (in a thin stream along the side of the bowl). The mass must be whipped well until a glossy, homogeneous, dense white texture.
- You can add some food coloring to the meringue.
- Place the meringue on a baking sheet.⠀
- Dry the meringue in the oven preheated to 80C (176F) for 4 to 6 hours, using the convection mode.
- Clean scoops, bowls and tools are very important for cooking the meringues, marshmallows and macaroons. You can use alcohol for cleaning.
- It is advisable to process the eggs in 9% vinegar; pour a little on the shell, and hold them in a “bath”. You can also use albumin; it’s very convenient and safe.
- It’s important to separate the whites from the yolks carefully, so that no drop of yolk or water gets into the whites. The eggs should be at room temperature.⠀