Rich carrot cake
Juicy, bright, full of carrots, with salted nuts, mmm ... and in a duet with delicate cream, this cake exceeds all the expectations!
Explore full recipe
- Grate the carrots on a fine grater. Chop the nuts with a knife, and fry in a dry frying pan. Put in a bowl, immediately add the butter and salt, mix and leave to cool.
- Beat the eggs (at room temperature) with sugar until strong foam.
- Continuing to whisk, pour in the vegetable oil in a thin stream.
- Sift the flour together with baking soda and baking powder (this will help to avoid lumps of baking soda in the dough).
- Gradually add the flour to the dough.
- Remove the zest from the orange, and squeeze out the juice; add to the dough.
- Add carrots and nuts, and mix well.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 356F (180C). Take out, and let cool.
- Beat soft butter with powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Continuing to beat, add the cream cheese and mascarpone.
- Whip until fluffy.