nuts (almonds and hazelnuts)
- Combine 40g (1.40 oz) of warm milk with sugar and yeast; mix, and leave for 10 minutes.
- Add warm melted butter, yolks, salt, and mix.
- Gradually add the sifted flour, and knead the dough well.
- Put the dough in a deep bowl, cover with film, and leave for 70 minutes in a warm place.
- Roll out the risen dough into a layer 5mm (0.20 inch) thick, and cut into strips of 1cm (0.40 inch).
- To form the tubes, I used wooden sticks (a rolling pin). Wrap each strip overlapping the previous one.
- Grease each tube well with egg whites, and carefully “bathe” in nut dressing.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 356F (180C).