- Separate the egg whites from the yolks into two clean, dry bowls. Make sure that even a drop of yolk does not get to the whites!
- Add salt and sugar to the whites, and whip for 3-6 minutes until white and glossy. It shouldn't fall if the container is turned over.
- In the resulting mass, add the almond flour in 2-3 passes using a silicone spatula (moving from the bottom to the top).
- Take the molds: for a 18cm (7.09 inch) mold, make 3 cake layers; for a 20-22cm (7.87-8.66 inch), make 2 cake layers.
- On the parchment, draw the desired shape with a pencil, and pour the mass inside the resulting circles, evenly spreading with a spatula. You will get 2 or 3 cake layers, depending on the diameter of the mold. 👆🏻
- Bake the cake layers for 17 minutes at 338F (170С), until golden brown.
- When the sponge biscuit is ready, let tit cool completely and only then remove from parchment.
- In a saucepan, mix the yolks, sugar, vanilla and sour cream.
- Heat the cream in the microwave for 1 minute, and pour the hot cream into the saucepan in a thin stream, stirring vigorously.
- Place the mass over a medium heat, and cook until the first bubbles appear.
- Remove the mass from the heat, cover with film in contact, and place in the fridge for an hour.
- In an hour, whip the cream at the maximum speed for a minute.
- Then, add the butter, and keep whipping for 2 more minutes until thick. IMPORTANT: the butter and the cream must be of the same temperature. Don't warm up the butter!
- Cover each cake layer with cream, and assemble the cake.
- Cover the finished cake woth chocolate glaze (melt the chocolate, and mix it with the oil).
* You can add some nuts or crispies to the chocolate,or decorate the cake with it.